Experience Thailand


November 2017. Our flight to Thailand was my first ever early flight as I've always preferred to travel in the evening so I can enjoy the city lights and see how beautiful places are. We opted to have the early flight so we can have more time to tour around the country as soon as we arrive.


Airbnb was helpful for this international flight as we were able to book in Sutee's place in a convenient and affordable way. Fortunately, the staffs whom we met at his place were Filipinos and they also speak Cebuano.😊 So it was easy to communicate and get instructions to where we were going since we didn't purchase a simcard. 😁✌️ I even had the time to watch Produce 101. ❤️


(At the lobby 😊)


On our first day, we spent time in Siam. Since it was a hot sunny day in November, we opted to stay inside the malls and shop.  It's best to wear a cap, sunnies and use an umbrella for this kind of day as it was also humid. 


Shopping at MBK Center was affordable and there were a lot of options!😍 From clothes, food, gadgets and etc. It was like buying at a price which is most likely the same as what we have in the Philippines. We were already able to buy pasalubong on our first day. 😅 


Next to the MBK center is the Siam Paragon where high-end brands can be found. ❤️❤️❤️ All of these malls are accessible by train from where we were staying and the train routes were easy to navigate. 


Hurray for our first day in Thailand! 🎉🎉


On our second day, it was just me and my father touring around the country since my brother had to be at the Queen Sirikit National Convention Center for their convention as in this trip they took oath in Thailand and became Associate ASEAN Engineers. 🎉🎉🎉 


This international trip was not only booked for travel purposes but it was for accompanying my brother and showing him support for their oathtaking. ❤️❤️❤️✈️🎟️


We spent our second day at Jim Thompson's Home having our tour to know more about Jim's life and his contributions to the fashion industry.❤️I love going to historical sites so I won't miss this place for sure.❤️😊 Jim's place had a relaxing and calming ambience so having this tour wasn't stressful at all. 


Thai silks are beautiful! I can't believe how Thai silks were made. Fortunately, there was someone at Jim's place showing tourists the process of how it's made. ❤️❤️❤️


You can also dine or purchase silks at Jim Thompson's House as they have a restaurant and a store at the entrance. 😊



Beautiful flowers! ❤️



😍


Touring at Jim's Home and meeting hospitable Thailanders made this travel of ours relaxing and enjoyable. It's like taking time off the hustle and stress in Manila. It was like going out of my comfort zone and experiencing a culture that is totally different from what we are used to. ❤️


I would love to visit the Bangkok Art and Culture Museum next time as due to time constraints it wasn't possible. 😭




Food! 😍 
Although I'm not a fan of trying out new things, I can't believe that I was able to enjoy this when we were looking for a place to eat dinner. 


(At Siam in the evening)


Day 2 well spent with my family!❤️



Day 3 was meant for visiting temples. 🏯 We went to Wat Pho, Wat Arun, Grand Palace and Khao San Road by train and boat. On day 3, GPS was really helpful to navigate and know how we can get from one place to another. We had to ride a train to Siam, change trains, hop off Saphan Taksin station, and ride a boat to Wat Pho. 


So, here's me and my father heading to Wat Pho. 😊 By the time we got off the boat, we were already at a walking distance to Wat Pho.



What struck me the most of these temples in Thailand are the presence of gold and the Golden Buddha.❤️ Being here in Thailand and thinking about the places I've been to just made me realize that the world has a lot to offer. There are a lot of things to see and discover. 


It made me realize that each country that I visit has unique stories to tell. We may be countries that are geographically next to each other but we have different cultures, do's and dont's, religion and etc.


Travelling makes you open yourself up to new and big possibilities. It makes you realize, believe and look forward to experience what each country values. It makes you want to embrace beautiful cultures.


Thailand is my 3rd international flight. ✈️ Can't help but feel thankful for having the chance of experiencing how beautiful this country is. 


From historical places, temples, shopping malls and food, it's definitely one of a kind. ❤️



So, travel when you're able. Travel as often and as far as you can! ❤️ 



When I'm older I'd want to be able to tell myself that my feet has taken me far enough and my heart has learned so much. I'd want to know that I've left footprints in countries outside my home and have seen what God has laid out in front of me. 



Don't settle for what you see around you. Go and experience the world! 😊



Reclining Buddha ❤️



Heading to Wat Arun- Temple of Dawn ❤️ Wat Arun is across Wat Pho so we had to ride a boat that took us across. 



It was a sunny day in November. This is one of my memorable moments in 2017. 😊




Thank you Thailand!




While walking outside the Grand Palace. ❤️



This concludes our flight to Thailand. Now we're heading to Singapore for our connecting flight back to the Philippines. Check out my blog soon for more travel stories and inspiration so you can start planning for your next trip abroad!❤️❤️❤️


                    Sawadee Ka Thailand! ✈️
















Mga Komento

Mga sikat na post sa blog na ito

EXO Planet #4: Elyxion in Manila

Where I learned how to fly