Experience South Korea


Travelling to South Korea during the month of August has been one of those memorable moments of my 2017. 


After almost a year of planning and preparation, it's no longer a dream of places I see on TV but it's now a reality that I have experienced. In this blog, I will be providing you how much each tourist spot has costs us. 


This blog post is meant to document and share with you where we went to and why I love this trip so much. I hope that this blog entry will inspire you to book a flight to Korea soon! (Sim Card with Unlimited Data-KRW 27,500; T-Money- KRW 24,000)❤️


On a rainy Tuesday morning, we walked and explored the grounds of the Gyeongbokgung Palace in Seoul. The palace grounds is huge! What I love the most about this place is having to see and know a part of the history of the people of Korea.  (Entrance Fee- KRW 3,000)


I can't help but feel amazed to leave footprints in a historical place out of my country and get to walk in the same grounds where royalties have been. 


Every room that I have been to has left me breathless. It made me wonder what the four walls of each building have heard throughout history. It still feels alive. 


Despite the heavy rain, we were determined to explore the palace and get the most out of this trip abroad. 


Next to the palace is the National Museum of Korea...


...and the National Folk Museum of Korea. (Free Admissions) We decided to go to the National Folk Museum especially since it was raining outside and we almost got soaked in the rain due to walking on the palace grounds. 





Bukchon Hanok Village is a train station away from the Gyeongbokgung Palace. There we experienced and saw Korea's traditional houses called the hanok. (Free Admissions)


The next palace that we visited is the Changdeokgung Palace. It is a known UNESCO World Heritage site in the country as it is also a palace of kings during the Joseon dynasty. (Entrance Fee- KRW 3,000)







We spent the evening at Dongdaemun Design Plaza along the LED rose garden. Who knew that each of these roses represents the number of days that Korea has enjoyed their independence. ❤️



I felt super excited and in love when I was here. The place holds so much meaning and I can't help but feel inspired when it all lit up on a rainy evening as we were there during the National Liberation Day of Korea. 



It's like a sea of roses! 😍


Nami Island is perhaps one of the longest πŸš† rides I have been to in this country. Also, we rode a tour bus and a boat to go to the island. (Nami Tour- KRW 6,000; Nami Island- KRW 8,000)



The place is definitely ❤️ It's like taking a break from the busy streets and the rush hour. I just got scared of the chipmunks here but they were still cute from afar. 😱The trees and the flowers were beautiful! ❤️




N Seoul Tower is one of my favorite destinations during this trip. Being there felt like being wrapped with so much love. Thousands of people have left messages of love and friendship written on locks and phone cases. Some locks were old and rusty while the others were new ones. (Cable Car-KRW 8,500)





Finally got to wear a hanbok at the N Seoul Tower! You won't believe how excited I was to wear it. The available designs and colors were beautiful! (Hanbok experience starts at KRW 20,000)  ❤️❤️❤️




Photo op at the Hanbok Culture Experience Center. ❤️🏯






I wouldn't miss this for the world! I love city lights so much! 🏒❤️ The city lights that can be viewed at the N Seoul Tower left me breathless! I would love to go back and experience it all over again.  


And the tunnels! 


We even rode a cable car going to the tower! ❤️



Lastly, who would leave the country without paying a visit on some of the well-known agencies of the country! Due to time constraints, we only got a chance to visit JYP and SM entertainment in Gangnam. Hello K-Star road! ❤️





Three days in South Korea is over but I'm looking forward to booking a flight soon. I want to go back and experience what the country has to offer once again. From Unlimited Data Plan, accessible πŸš† stations, fashion πŸ‘—, food, breathtaking views 🏒 and the rich history of the country, I can't help but feel sad that my trip is over! Overall, experiencing Korea has been one of the most memorable moments of my 2017. ❤️❤️❤️










Mga Komento

Mga sikat na post sa blog na ito

EXO Planet #4: Elyxion in Manila

Experience Thailand

Where I learned how to fly