What's holding you back?


(c) http://wallpapers-v2.com/wallpaper-books/

I believe that everyone dreams to be a somebody someday. Perhaps you wished to be a doctor, educator, politician, accountant, lawyer, artist, actor and etc. The world is full of possibilities. You can be anything. You can be a somebody. 

I've read this book entitled, "The Dream Giver" and shared a parable about becoming a somebody from a nobody. It's a good read and it's something that I would like to dwell on based on my experience 4 hours ago. 

Read on.

Have you ever dreamnt of becoming a somebody? 

Have you ever imagined yourself already a somebody? (Like you've achieved your hopes and dreams because now it's no longer a dream but a reality?)

Now, 

Have you ever experienced doubting yourself, being doubted by people or being criticized and laugh at for having such a dream?

If your answer is yes, then here is what I would like to say to you, " Hold on to that dream and do not ever let it go" ♥

First of all, the main character lived in his comfort zone but he had a big dream.

In this point in your life you may be doubting your capabilities. You may say that you cannot do it for a lot of reason but hey! Stop that nonsense! Wake up! There are countless of reasons why you should achieve it and you can! Go out of your comfort zone!

When the main charater thought about leaving the place and aimed to be a somebody, a lot of people showed up and doubted him. They told him that he can't do it and that he will just be disappointed. Like it's already fine being a nobody. So he doubted himself. He even doubted his dream.

But you know what?

He held on to that dream and still decided to be a somebody. ♥

You may have this dream and a lot of people may block your path and would tell you to stop dreaming, it's impossible, you cannot do it, you are not worthy of it and just be happy with what you are forever, well, don't let them be a hindrance. Hold on tigher to that dream because think of it this way...

Why are they pulling you down?

Perhaps, their dream was taken away from them and what they want to do is take away yours. I think this can be clearly seen in Filipinos. This crab mentality that when one is succeeding, then others will be pulling you down with them. Don't let them Succeed!

And for those of you who are pulling people down, stop it! In the end, if those people already have their dreams within reach or if they've already achieved it, it will just make you more insecure and will not make you any better.

As for my case, someone just questioned my capability to dream of becoming a designer. That person told me that my taste in clothes is terrible. Really? But for your information, I work 8 hours a day and my clothes should be work appropriate. Before, people also doubted my capability in my studies but you know what I showed those people that I graduated 3rd honorable mention in high school. I even showed them that I was worthy of an academic excellence scholarship and PJ Lhuillier scholarship in college as a student taking up Accountancy.

There were others who doubted my capability of becoming a student leader as an officer but I showed them that I am capable of leading my fellow students because when I did occupy the position, a lot were standing beside me until I finished my term and people did tell me that I've inspired a lot.

And now, for doubting my capability of becoming a designer, I've done small steps. Took up a dressmaking course and currently working as a Marketing Coordinator for a company as if you do not know, fashion also includes marketing. :) Fashion is a process that you have to undergo. It's a way of looking into yourself and expressing that.




So to that person, if you are reading this, "Thank you! :)" because you've given me another reason to hold unto that dream.

But what was the secret of the Dream Giver?

It was his faith to please the Higher being. His God.

So don't think about pleasing other people because you will never do. Now, what you can do is please your God who gave you that dream, your talents and skills.

And to those who is still having doubts, stop and reach for the skies! Do it all For the Greater Glory of God.♥




Mga Komento

Mga sikat na post sa blog na ito

EXO Planet #4: Elyxion in Manila

Experience Thailand

Where I learned how to fly