All the Bright Places


As I am writing this blog, I am scanning through my Belle De Jour Planner looking for some inspiration on what to write for this entry. April as it says is the month of being more creative. For me, it has been the month of thoughts and feelings. 


I wanted to feel something. So I tried to feel something from books and movies. I've tried to read the book entitled, "Why we broke up" but to some reason I wasn't able to finish it. Were you able to feel this? That moment when you'd wish to read a certain book but you can't seem to finish it because you are caught up in a different emotion or feeling? The kind which that book can't seem to give you at the moment.



So I tried to read the book entitled, " All the Bright Places" and it was what I needed. The love story of Finch and Violet caught me off guard. Finch and Violet met at the most unexpected place. Both of them were attempting to commit suicide. If it weren't for Finch perhaps Violet died. 

 “Is today a good day to die?”  -All the Bright Places


Someday you might meet someone at the most unexpected place. At first, they'd mean nothing but later on they might mean the world.

“She is oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, calcium, and phosphorus. The same elements that are inside the rest of us, but I can’t help thinking she’s more than that and she’s got other elements going on that no one’s ever heard of, ones that make her stand apart from everybody else. I feel this brief panic as I think, What would happen if one of those elements malfunctioned or just stopped working altogether? I make myself push this aside and concentrate on the feel of her skin until I no longer see molecules but Violet.” -All the Bright Places

 You might try to fix them because you think that they deserve better than the way they see and treat themselves. You might try to change the way they see the world or the people around them. You might try to make them fall in love again.

“You deserve better. I can’t promise you I’ll stay around, not because I don’t want to. It’s hard to explain. I’m a fuckup. I’m broken, and no one can fix it. I’ve tried. I’m still trying. I can’t love anyone because it’s not fair to anyone who loves me back. I’ll never hurt you, not like I want to hurt Roamer. But I can’t promise I won’t pick you apart, piece by piece, until you’re in a thousand pieces, just like me. You should know what you’re getting into before getting involved.” -All the Bright Places


But what if no matter how hard you try to make things easier for them, they just can't seem to see all the bright places to the point where they'd choose to end their lives? or choose to leave you because they're done with you? I thought love conquers all but I guess in Finch and Violet's story, it doesn't apply. 


Someday the person who became our world might choose to leave. That's a possibility. We'd try to bring them back but we'll soon realize that we couldn't make it happen because they've moved on. 

“I know life well enough to know you can’t count on things staying around or standing still, no matter how much you want them to. You can’t stop people from dying. You can’t stop them from going away. You can’t stop yourself from going away either. I know myself well enough to know that no one else can keep you awake or keep you from sleeping.” -All the Bright Places


“We do not remember days, we remember moments.” -All the Bright Places


Either way, you were able to share moments and they were able to leave a part of them with you. You were able to learn something from them and they too learned from you. Everything happens for a reason. Value your shared moments and thoughts. 

"The thing I realize is, that it's not what you take, it's what you leave.”
 -All the Bright Places


Things takes time. It may take time for your roads to ever cross again or perhaps it will never cross again but let's look at the bright side. Your shared moments were meant to happen. Every bit of it. You might wish to bring those moments back but you have to face the fact that things have to be the way they are. You might feel sad about them leaving but you should be happy because you've met.

“I should be happy, but instead I feel nothing. I feel a lot of nothing these days. I've cried a few times, but mostly I'm empty, as if whatever makes me feel and hurt and laugh and love has been surgically removed, leaving me hollowed out like a shell.” -All the Bright Places


I just hope that you were able to tell them how much you love and care for them before they left.
“What would I have said to him if I’d known I would never see him again?”
 -All the Bright Places 


                                             “Because its not a lie if its how you feel.” 
                                                                                    -All the Bright Places



 So be thankful because it happened.
Live life with no regrets.



 Candies (Chiffon top), Bench (Blue Camisole), Amor de Filipina (Shoes), Fossil (Watch)



Mga Komento

Mga sikat na post sa blog na ito

EXO Planet #4: Elyxion in Manila

Experience Thailand

Where I learned how to fly