Stellar: Circus Dreams

Stellar: Circus Dreams. It felt like I just woke up from a deep sleep from that road to stellar. The season is over but we're definitely stronger and more confident than we were a year ago.   😍


This blog post is dedicated to all the people who made my Stellar journey one of the best things I've accomplished this year. Our number has been one of the best 4 minutes of my 2017. Also, this goes to the people who supported me in my pole journey since 2015.
Stellar Photoshoot. On June 3, we finally made the decision to perform on stage this year. This was my second year to perform in Stellar. We were 4 from #TeamFort.  On the photoshoot day, we wore the costumes which you can see from the photos above and had our make-up done in time for our early shoot. 


Stellar General Rehearsals. After almost two months from the photoshoot we were two days away from this year's Stellar :Circus Dreams. Months of practicing on Wednesday mornings, Thursday nights and Saturday afternoons has finally paid off. #TeamFort danced to the beats of Rihanna's Disturbia. 


What I love about General Rehearsals is that I get to see all the people who will be performing on our big day. Everyone was wearing their costumes and had their make-up done. Everyone was excited to take flight on the weekend. 


As I am writing this blog post, I can help but feel thankful for being a part of this family. After a year and 4 months in Metro Manila, this family is one of the reasons why I continue to face my fears and choose to dance. 


Stellar: Circus Dreams, July 23rd, Meralco Theater. Who would have thought that in this lifetime I will get a chance to perform on a stage where concerts are held. The grade school version of myself will definitely thank me for conquering my fears of performing on stage since the drama club. 


Who would have thought that my 23 year old self will get to perform on stage not as an aspiring singer or musician as my 10 year old self dreamnt of but rather, as an aerialist, a pole dancer to be exact. 


Dancing to the beats of Rihanna's Disturbia turned us into Disturbed Dolls in the Circus. No smiles. Just that fierce and disturbed look that haunted dolls have. 


The cross-ankle trick and forearmstands above are one of those tricks that I hate and am afraid of doing but doing it over and over again during our practices has made me conquer that fear. I love them now. 😊


#TeamFort has taught me a lot this year. The team taught me that beautiful pieces come to life when you are with family. The motivation and support that you have given made me get through the Stellar season with a heavy heart full of love and inspiration to conquer my fears and take flight. Thank you Teacher Vicky for making our performance one of the best 4 minutes of my 2017. 😍


No smiles for Disturbia dolls made me look at myself in the mirror just to practice that disturbed look. I hope that I was scary enough to be a disturbed doll during our performance. 


Thank you Polecats Manila and to our sponsors! You've never failed to add color and excitement to my pole journey every year. I always feel like a winner after performance night because I get to bring a big loot bag full of goodies from you. I super love the robes from Sleepy Head! You made us stars of that night. Thank you for the booklet with the program and photos. I've kept and treasured them for every Stellar season I've been to. I'm definitely looking forward to next year's Stellar. 😍 


Thank you Pole Fitness Butuan for coming all the way from Mindanao. 😍 To my stage mom: Teacher Rhyn, I wouldn't be where I am now if it weren't for my first class with you. You've always been there for my performance last year and this year. For this, I am thankful.



I would also like to say thank you to my family. Although you couldn't make it this year, you've never failed to give love and support in my pole journey. Every performance that I have is dedicated to you. 😭 Thank you for the late night calls to check whether I got home safely from pole practices and rehearsals. Thank you for telling me to say YES! in this year's Stellar when I was doubting myself if I could perform this year. 

To my God, thank you for making all of this possible. Everything is For Your Greater Glory. 😍

Photo Credits:

Zeus Martinez
Michael Gonzales
Lea Valenzuela
James Oliver














Mga Komento

Mga sikat na post sa blog na ito

EXO Planet #4: Elyxion in Manila

Experience Thailand

Where I learned how to fly