A Glimpse of Silliman University

August 26,2014

I woke my cousin up at around 6 am to have an early morning walk with me and at the same time take pictures of the places where my mother wanted me to take pictures of.
We stayed in Plaza Maria Luisa and since it was near the boulevard,  it was our first stop. As we walked, a lot of people were already having their morning jogs. At the end of the boulevard there's this big sign saying, " I ♥ DUMAGUETE" , I asked my cousin to take a picture of me with it.


Since Silliman University was just across the street, it was our next destination. We walked for a while and reached this place. I guess it is the entrance of the university



and next to it is the portal.


I went there with my cousin and there were stores inside of it. It was like a mini mall where you could get your hair fix, have a keychain made, or shop for clothes.
As we went inside the university premises, the Silliman Church was the first thing that I saw since it was located at the center. I saw this church in a Filipino movie before where John Lloyd, Bea Alonzo and Sam Milby were the main actors but now, I have seen it myself.


My mother gave me a list of places to take pictures of so that I would have something to remind me of my stay in Dumaguete City. She included the Silliman Library. Maybe she wanted me to see it because she knows that I love books. The library was located somewhere in the university. We had to pass by a lot of buildings until we arrived in the library and it was a big library alright! I didn't get a chance to get inside because it was still closed.


Just next to the library was a very big auditorium. They call it the Luce Auditorium. It was another big building! It wouldn't even fit in the picture.


We continued walking and we found this. Well, it would most probably be my first time to see a lot of foreign flags in one place. So here it is!


Next to it is the museum. It was also big! It reminded me of a house in the Spanish era where ladies wear Filipiniana dresses and hold fans.


Philippine Museums hold items which reminds us of our rich history. I really wished that we could have stayed a little longer to be able to get inside. As an aspiring artist, it would definitely be one of the places where I could find some inspiration.


I even had the chance to see where my mother's dormitory was and what it looked like! :3
The place is huge! It was AWESOME!
Have you been there? :3




Mga Komento

Mga sikat na post sa blog na ito

EXO Planet #4: Elyxion in Manila

Experience Thailand

Where I learned how to fly