Travels to Dumaguete City


August 25, 2014 

When I watch the television or surf the internet, I see pictures of people traveling the world. They travel to the 7,107 islands of the Philippines or abroad go and walk the streets of well-known countries. I have been a traveler myself since I was a kid because of my father's occupation.

I am from  Butuan City . If you'd wish to see the famous boat balanghai Well, this is the place to be! My family and I travel constantly. We've spent seven years living in  Davao City,  according to my mother. It's where I spent my childhood years. After that, we traveled to Cagayan de Oro City (the City of Golden Friendship) and stayed there for 3 years until I graduated grade school. We then transferred to Butuan City and spent my four years in high school in Father Saturnino Urios University. I graduated there and went back to Cagayan de Oro City to spend my college years in Xavier University. I guess I can now say that I am a traveler!

In my twenty years of existence, I have been to a lot of places. From what I could recall, I have been to  Manila, Cebu, Bohol, Cebu, Bukidnon and the cities in between those cities. It's been a long time since I traveled to a new place and I've been dreaming of my next trip quite a lot!

My dreams turned into reality when the month of August came. Recently, I decided to be with my cousin who is studying in Dumaguete City and spent my last week of August there since it was also the foundation day of Silliman University. My mother studied there when she was in college so she wanted me to go and visit her school. I had a lot of work to do and a dressmaking project to work on and since that time deadlines were coming up but then something inside me wanted to go and have fun and relax for a while.

Our route went like this:  Butuan-Cagayan de Oro-Iligan-Cagayan-Manila-Cebu-Dumaguete City . It was indeed a pretty long trip, but I'd say hey! I got to stare at the blue ocean for hours and it made ​​me wish that I had brought my sketchbook with me. Traveling made ​​me see a lot of things. Even though I've traveled to a place twice or thrice already, every visit gave me a new experience.

This was my second time in Dumaguete City but it was my first to spend a week there. My monday morning did not turn out to be an ordinary one. Why? Well, it's because we went to a place called  Bais City  in  Negros Oriental to see the famous dolphins. Since it's my first time to see an actual dolphin, I was so excited to see the majestic creature of the sea. I prayed a lot during the trip so that we could arrive in the area as soon as possible since dolphins would only come out in the morning and I can not miss the chance to see one while I'm in there.

We rode a motorcycle to the area where the boats were kept. It took us around 5-10 minutes. When we arrived in the area, we hopped unto a small boat and rode it until we reached the Sandbar. I did not know what a Sandbar was until I arrived in the Sandbar. It was an area in the middle of the ocean where you still could not swim and drown!


My cousin picked up this blue starfish and I took a picture with it since it was my first time to conquer my fear of starfishes. 3


I even went for a swim in the Sandbar even if I did not bring any extra clothes with me!

After that, we went to the area where the dolphins were most likely located and behold, I saw my first dolphin. It was not just one dolphin but it was a group of dolphins! : 3 I screamed a lot! : 3 I took a video on how we looked for the dolphins as a remembrance of my experience and to serve as a video that I could show my family and say, " Hey you were not here so I ended up doing this! HAHA  xD"

Watch the video here: https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=837712266246659&l=6275163258973815761: 3

But wait!

My journey in the middle of the ocean did not end there! As we went back to the Sandbar, I saw a lot of seaweed and starfishes. Like a lot! We headed on to the place where people do snorkeling but since I did not have any goggles with me, I opted to swim again.


As we headed back to the mainland, I sat in the front row of the small boat. If my mother was with me at that time, I'm sure she would not permit me to sit here. :))


But hey, I got to see a lot of black sea urchins! Like a lot! and a lot of corals! Big ones!
It was so far the best 5 days of my month of August 2014. It was  AWESOME !!!!!!


How did you spend your Me Time Monday Morning? xD

Mga Komento

Mga sikat na post sa blog na ito

EXO Planet #4: Elyxion in Manila

Experience Thailand

Where I learned how to fly